“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely. And may your spirit, soul, and body be kept sound and blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:23 )
“… to be made new in the attitude of your mind.” (Ephesians 4:23 ) [NIV]
- Conform: external; to try to fit into a mold.
- Transform: internal; to change the nature and character of something; to make something completely new.
- Confess: to agree with and say the same thing God says.
- Repent: to change the way you think.
“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12 )
My confession/profession of faith:
- I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose again from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 )
- I am crucified with God and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. (Galatians 2:20 )
- I count myself dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 6:1-4 )
- I am a new creation in Christ; the old life is gone and new life has begun. (2 Corinthians 5:17 )
- The Son has set me free. I am free indeed. (John 8:36 )
- The Word of God is at work in me. (1 Thessalonians 2:13 )
- My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:19 )
- I am being transformed into Christ’s likeness with ever increasing glory. (2 Corinthians 3:18 )
- I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 )
- He who began a new work in me will be faithful to complete it. (Philippians 1:6 )
- There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1 )
- Nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:38-39 )
- In all things God works for the good of those who love Him. (Romans 8:28 )
- God is faithful. He will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear. (1 Corinthians 10:13 )
- He is able to keep me from falling. (Jude 1:24 )
- Greater is He that is in me that he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4 )
- God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7 )
- My light and momentary troubles are achieving for me an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. (2 Corinthians 4:17 )
- He is able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within me. (Ephesians 3:20 )
- God is for me! Who can be against me? (Romans 8:31 )
God isn’t asking you to make a promise that you cannot keep.
God is asking you to receive a promise that ONLY He can keep!
“ I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 1:6 )
“Therefore we were buried with Him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too may walk in a new way of life.” (Romans 6:4 )