A Blueprint for Daily Change:
The Lord’s Prayer: “5 Whenever you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by people. I assure you: They’ve got their reward! 6 But when you pray, go into your private room, shut your door, and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. 7 When you pray, don’t babble like the idolaters, since they imagine they’ll be heard for their many words. 8 Don’t be like them, because your Father knows the things you need before you ask Him. 9 “Therefore, you should pray like this …” (Matthew 6:5-9 a)
- The Prayer of Connection: Meditate on how much God loves you.
“Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.” (v. 9b)
- The Prayer of Surrender: Offer your life to be used for His purpose.
“Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”(v. 10)
- The Prayer of Trust: Let God know that you are trusting Him to meet all your needs.
“Give us today our daily bread.” (v. 11)
- The Prayer of Forgiveness: Receive Gods’ forgiveness and extend it to others.
“And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” (v. 12)
- The Prayer of Protection: Ask God for His strength to change the things that need to be changed.
“And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one” (v. 13a)
- The Prayer of Victory: Thank God for the ensuing.
“For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.” (v. 13b)