Preschool Lesson: The Donkey and The King
Elementary Lesson: Maturity-No Whining
Worship Team: Angela Cano, Cheryl Young, Bethsaida Gomez, Rachael Torres, Pete Podruchny, Art Martinez, Miguel Torres
Sermon: Pastor Ruben Ortega
“This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 ) [NLT]
* STOP focusing on what it was!
- What has happened in the last two years?
- How has SVCC changed in the last two years?
- How has the pandemic affected SVCC?
- How has this personally affected you?
- How has it affected me and the SVCC leadership?
* START focusing on what it can be!
- We must be increasingly dependent on prayer!
“And He said to them, “It is written, My house will be called a house of prayer …” (Matthew 21:13 )
“20 Because of your little faith,” He told them. “For I assure you: If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will tell this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. 21 However, this kind does not come out except by prayer and fasting …” (Matthew 17:20-21 )
- We must refocus on the “Great Commission”.
“19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20 )
- We must be open to radical change or at least temporary adjustments.
““There is far more at stake here than religion. If you had any idea what this Scripture meant—‘I prefer a flexible heart to an inflexible ritual’—you wouldn’t be nitpicking like this. The Son of Man is no yes-man to the Sabbath; he’s in charge.” (Matthew 12:6-7 ) [MSG]
- We must be willing to sacrifice it ALL!
“And walk in love, as the Messiah also loved us and gave Himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God.” (Ephesians 5:2 )
“15 Therefore, through Him, let us continually offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that confess His name. 16 Don’t neglect to do what is good and to share, for God is pleased with such sacrifices.” (Hebrews 13:15-16 )
We now have the incredible opportunity to hit the “reset button” in our own lives and the life of our church!