“To the man he said, “Because you listened to your wife’s voice and you ate from the tree that I commanded, ‘Don’t eat from it, cursed is the fertile land because of you; in pain you will eat from it every day of your life.” (Genesis 3:17) [CEB]
- If we say, “We have no sin,” we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8) [HCSB]
“But if it seems wrong in your opinion to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve. Choose the gods whom your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live. But my family and I will serve the Lord.”
(Joshua 24:15) [CEB]
- As Christians my lifestyle should be, “Will I surrender all?”
“Adulteresses! Don’t you know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? So, whoever wants to be the world’s friend becomes God’s enemy.” (James 4:4) [HCSB]
“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11) [NLT]
“There is a way which seems right to a person, but its end is the way of death.” (Proverbs 14:12) [HCSB]
- Our Lord is a wise and compassionate victor; He conquers us to bless us, not to harm us.
“Then everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Acts 2:21) [HCSB]
“But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name.” (John 1:12) [HCSB]
“For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.” (Romans 7:19) [NASB]
- The more we surrender to God, the more our old self-worshiping nature is replaced with one that resembles Christ, and our relationship with Him grows that much closer.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away,
and look, new things have come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17) [ESV]
- He will compare our lifestyle by His Righteousness.
“Summoning the crowd along with His disciples, He said to them, “If anyone wants to be My follower, he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me.” (Mark 8:34) [HCSB]
- Will Jesus just be my Savior or will I also let him be the Lord of my life.
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9) [NASB]