“Those who mourn are blessed, for they will be comforted.” (Matthew 5:4 )
- Life is not always about good times and laughter.
“There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven … a time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance …” (Ecclesiastes 3:1 , 4)
- Grieving is vital to your health.
“When I kept silent, my bones became brittle from my groaning all day long” (Psalm 32:3 )
“I was speechless and quiet; I kept silent, even from speaking good, and my pain intensified.” (Psalm 39:2 )
God blesses the broken hearted by…
- … drawing you close to Himself. “The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:18 )
- … grieving with you. “2b He (God) has sent me (Jesus) to comfort all who mourn, 3aTo give to those who mourn in Zion Joy and gladness instead of grief, A song of praise instead of sorrow.” (Isaiah 61:2 a-3b) [GNT]
- … providing a church family to support you. “Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11 ) [NKJV]
- … growing you. “Sometimes it takes a painful experience to make us change our ways.” (Proverbs 20:30 ) [GNT]
- … giving you the hope of heaven. “We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve like the rest, who have no hope.” (1 Thessalonians 4:13 )
- … equipping you to help others. “He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” (2 Corinthians 1:4 )
Everyday I either need to be comforted or need to comfort someone.