"Unpacking Your Spiritual Gifts"
(God Shaped You For Significance - Part 2)
May 30, 2021
Worship Team: Angela Cano, Cheryl Young, Bethsaida Gomez, Miguel Torres, Jim Carlile
Sermon: Ruben Ortega
YouVersion link: http://bible.com/events/48706697
“37 When they heard this, they came under deep conviction and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles: “Brothers, what must we do?” 38 “Repent,” Peter said to them, “and be aptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you and for your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” 40 And with many other words he testified and strongly urged them, saying, “Be saved from this corrupt generation!” (Acts 2:37-40 )
Three Gifts God Gave You When You Placed Your Faith In Christ:
- Eternal life. “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23 )
- God’s Holy Spirit. “This hope will not disappoint us, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” (Romans 5:5 )
- A spiritual gift to utilize for God’s purpose. “According to the grace given to us, we have different gifts: If prophecy, use it according to the standard of one’s faith …” (Romans 12:6 )
Why Are Your Spiritual Gifts Important?
- They show God’s plan for your life. “ 4 Now there are different gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different ministries, but the same Lord. 6And there are different activities, but the same God activates each gift in each person.” (1 Corinthians 12:4-6 )
- They prove your worth. “... All of you together are the one body of Christ, and each one of you is a separate and necessary part of it.” (1 Corinthians 12:27 ) [ICB]
- They are key to your fulfilled “My Father is glorified by this: that you produce much fruit and prove to be My disciples.” (John 15:8 )
What Does God Want You To Do With Your Gift?
- God wants you to discover them! “Now concerning what comes from the Spirit: brothers, I do not want you to be unaware (ignorant) …” (1 Corinthians 12:1 )
- God wants you to develop them. “Do not neglect the gift that is in you; it was given to you through prophecy, with the laying on of hands by the council of elders.” (1 Timothy 4:14 ) “Therefore, I remind you to keep ablaze the gift of God that is in you through the laying on of my hands.” (2 Timothy 1:6 )
- God wants you to use them. “Based on the gift each one has received, use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God.” (1 Peter 4:10 )
“In this regard, it is expected of managers (stewards) that each one of them be found faithful.” (1 Corinthians 4:2 )
“ 10 The One who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things. 11 And He personally gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers …” (Ephesians 4:10-11 )