“LIVING YOUR HEART’S PASSIONS AND DESIRES”
(You Are Shaped for Significance – Part 3)
June 6, 2021
Worship Team: Cheryl Young, Bethsaida Gomez, Rachael Torres, Miguel Torres, Jim Carlile
Sermon: Ruben Ortega
YouVersion link: http://bible.com/events/48710416
“Your hands fashioned and made me (shaped me) ...” (Job 10:8 )
S.H. A. P. E.
Your heart determines why you…
- … say the things you do. “The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.” (Luke 6:45 )
- … feel the way you do. “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12 )
- … act the way that you do. “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flows the springs of life.” (Proverbs 4:23 )
The Results of Living Your Heart’s Passions and Desires:
“Whatever you do, work heartily, (wholehearted) as for the Lord and not for men …” (Colossians 3:23 )
Enthusiasm Effectiveness Excellence
How To Start Living Your Heart’s Desire:
- Consign all areas of your life to Christ. “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4 )
- Check out what you enjoy doing. “But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor.” (Galatians 6:4 )
- Consider your options. “Come, let’s consider your options,” says the Lord.” (Isaiah 1:18 ) [NET]
- Commit your heart to God in faith. “… for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.” (Philippians 2:13 )
What’s The Secret To Living A Fulfilled Life?
Find what you love to do, that God made you to do, and do it for His glory!