FAILURE AND REDEMPTION
God Uses The Weak, The Failure, For His Service And Glory
January 19, 2020
“But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”” (I Corinthians 1:27-31)
The Types of People God Uses:
- Rahab: (Joshua 2:1-24 ) was an innkeeper, a prostitute, a madam and a Canaanite from Jericho.
- Samson: (Judges chapters 13-16) was a Nazarite. He failed in his vows and failed as Judge and leader of Israel.
- Moses: Murdered an Egyptian, went into hiding for 40 years. He was utterly unworthy of being the leader of the Hebrew people.
- David: Bad husband, bad father, adulterer and murderer. Acts 13:22 describes how God felt about David. “I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.”
- Peter and Judas: They were both traitors against Christ, Judas before the crucifixion and Peter after. Peter failed
- Paul: A murderer and prosecutor of Christians before being converted by God to a follower of
- Forgiving Father/Prodigal Son: the story of a child who disappointed and deserted his father.
If God can use them, He can use me!